Dolphin, Inc. has placed an order for a VJT X-Ray machine for late 2020 or early 2021 delivery.
Dolphin, Inc. offers an array of non-destructive testing services. Beginning in late 2020 or early 2021 we will be adding X-Ray testing to our in-house NDT capabilities with the acquisition of a VJT C160/225 X-Ray machine.
ADVANTAGES OF REAL TIME X-RAY TESTING
X-Ray testing is the best non-destructive inspection method for detecting internal defects of castings. In this method, a casting is exposed to radiation from an x-ray tube. The casting absorbs part of the radiation, and the remaining portion of the radiation exposes the radiographic detector.
Dense material withstands the radiation penetration, so the detector is exposed to a lesser degree in those areas, giving the image a lighter appearance. Less dense materials allow more penetration and correlates to darker areas on the detector. Any hole, crack or inclusion that is less dense than the casting alloy is revealed as a dark area.
VJT C160/225 X-RAY MACHINE
Ergonomically designed with capability to meet a variety of X-ray inspection needs, the VJT C160/225 boast the following key features:
- Award winning Vi3 X-ray inspection software
- Easy to use software interface
- Capable of imaging wide range of part sizes and dimensions up to 60 Kg and KV rating of 450
- MAI/CE/UL/CSA compliant system
- Computed Tomography (CT) capability
- Inspection Modes: DR, CT, Manual
- Detectors: Flat Panel Detector (8", 16"), Image Intensifier
- Applications: automotive, aerospace, military, munitions, electronics